7.18.2011

Light & Momentary Troubles: Protection from Harm

Do you believe in angels?  Did you know that they protect us from the daily "near close experiences?  Last week, for example, the wind blew a flame from a sterno under a serving tray and caught fire to the cardigan I was wearing.  The fire quickly traveled upward to my armpit and before I knew it, the flame was taller than me.  I could feel the heat from the flame on my face.  I somehow managed to remove the cardigan before any part of my body caught fire.  The nurse who examined me was surprised by my unscathed body; she was surprised that my eyelashes and eyebrows weren't singed, and that the shirt I was wearing under my cardigan didn't catch fire.  We often try to impose natural reasons to explain supernatural protection, when a natural reason really doesn't fit.  The Bible says no harm or disaster will come near us because God sends His angels concerning us (Psalm 91:10).  Just before danger strikes, we are lifted up by angels (verse 12).  So the next time you hear yourself saying, "that was close," remember that God's angels are guarding us in all of our ways (verse 11).

MEMORY VERSE: The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him (Psalm 34:7)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tiff thats incredible! And Psalms 91 is my "life passage", one that I hold ever so dear to my heart!

    ReplyDelete